Lately I have been thinking about my life and how it really is "perfect". I have a wonderful family who is supportive of everything I do. I have a fantastic husband who encourages me on a daily basis to be me and to not let anyone bring me down. I have amazing in-laws who accept me as I am, even though I am a Clemson fan :O). I have terrific friends who are always there for me even if we haven't talked in ages. I have a Christ-centered Church family that lift me up through words, thoughtful gestures, and simple cards. So to me that is "perfect".
I am not saying that I don't have issues that arise but to me the most important thing is that I look at the positive side and not dwell on the negatives. Yes, we have bills to pay but is that going to keep me from enjoying fun things? NO! Yes we have stress but does that make me Mrs. ILL-PANTS all the time? NO! There are always worries about the future but do I let that keep me from enjoying the present? NO! I don't want to be so caught up in all the worries of life or stresses of life that I forget to enjoy my life. I don't want to be the one who is always negative or posting "woe is me" status messages on Facebook (and no I am not saying that I have never had one of those moments!). I mean who really wants to read (or stalk) peoples Facebook pages if they are ALWAYS being negative Nellie's!!!--Not this kid!! I want to be uplifted by people and at times when I ready those negative updates, it really makes me wonder if they are doing this to get attention or if there is truly some deep down issue that they are not dealing with appropriately. ***If you have an issue get professional help, that is why they are there!!!!***
Ok enough of my preaching....was I on my soap box?? YES! So overall, I think my life is perfect. I wouldn't want to trade lives with anyone for one minute. I enjoy the struggles I have b/c I grow and learn from them but I also enjoy the absolute days of JOY b/c I know that the SON is shining on me and that is all that matters.
So, don't dwell on the negative or you will never be happy with your "perfect" life!!!
J-Tru
No comments:
Post a Comment