Sunday, December 12, 2010

Home Group Christmas

Since we have been attending Cornerstone we have met some wonderful couples who share the same passion for Christ as we do. We have joined a Home Group that consists of 6 couples, some with kids and some not yet :O) Rob and I enjoy meeting with our group every Sunday and discussing the sermon and just talking about life in general. We decided to have a Chinese auction for Christmas so we all purchased a gift at $10.00 and wrapped it. We enjoyed some yummy snacks provided by each members of the group…and let me tell you these people can cook—from deer meat to awesome desserts!!!! After eating gifts were given to the kids and my goodness it was like a toy store had erupted in the living room—paper everywhere but HUGE smiles on the faces of the children. They played a game of passing the box too and each time it stopped you would open the box and a smaller on was inside…at the end the smallest box had chocolate inside for everyone!! After the kids had their gifts then it was time for the adults. No one took someone else’s gift….I guess we are just too nice. Rob chose the Clemson present that strategically had a USC shirt in it :O) and I chose a bag with a bath and body works gift card in it---I love that place. Tommy also passed around sheets for us to choose who will win what bowl game and the winner gets to pick where the home group goes out to eat. After some more talking and nibbling on goodies Rob and I headed home. It had been a long weekend and we had been on the road for the majority of the day so we were tired. Here are some pics of the kids from the home group enjoying their gifts…..











I love seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child
Merry Christmas!
J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment