Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day in Lancaster :O)

Christmas Day for me has changed since being married. Growing up I was always with my family and we celebrated with breakfast, lunch, and supper at Gma and Bubbas. The menu consisted of ham, turkey, dressing, etc. Well when you get married you join another family and your traditions change a little. We spend Christmas Day with Robs family and Christmas Eve with my family.

'all of our stocking hung by the chimney with care'

Last night we stayed at my mom and daddys house so when we woke up it was time to get on the road to Lancaster. We got ready, packed the truck, and made a little pit stop at my gmas and bubbas for some Christmas breakfast. We had some sausage, breakfast casserole, homemade biscuits, and grits. After eating a little bit and wishing everyone Merry Christmas it was time to hit the road. We made it Lancaster around 10am and were greeted at the car by Chewie, the family dachshund, and Ed, robs uncle. Rob and I came inside the house and were greeted by his Gma, Mom, and Aunt Debra. Everyone was very excited to see us and as we were them. We talked about the Christmas at my parents and how everyone was doing and then it was time to open presents. Rob played Santa this year and handed out presents to everyone. The way we open presents is one by one going around the room opening one present until everyone has finished. So Ed started, the Me, Rob, Debra, Mommy Barbara, and Gma Jo. Chewie got a turn every now and then too. The gifts kept coming and coming and coming. It was awesome!!!! Rob opened many gifts from Santa and Gma Jo that had presidential flashcards in them ( I benefit from those gifts too!!! :O)). I received a beautiful red jacket and scarf, owl necklace, and lots of other wonderful gifts. The funny moment for me was when Aunt Debra opened her gift from Rob and I and it was a silver cat ring holder. Then I opened a gift from Debra and Ed and it was a silver rabbit ring holder....Great minds think a like!!!! The gifts were absolutely wonderful and we love them all!!!

Chewie got some "tasty" gifts!! We wrap his gifts because he opens them just like we do. We would put them on the floor for him and he will place his paw on the gifts and begins opening them with his mouth. He sometimes gets excited and tears into the treat bag itself. He is a smart dog!!!


After opening gifts it was time to eat lunch. While we were opening gifts I was smelling the ham cooking and it was mouth watering to say the least. Everyone helped to set up the spread downstairs and it was a sight to see. There was lots of delicious items to enjoy. I feel in love with Debra's crab dip!!! I could have eaten the entire bowl!!! The meal was delicious and filled my belly up to the top!!! To finish off my meal I had a piece of cheesecake but there was plenty of other desserts to choose from as well. We ate very well.



After filling up our bellies, everyone relaxed in the living room and took a nap....all but Debra and Ed. I was in and out of consciousness but I was wanting to close my eyes. The tv was playing 24 hours of 'A Christmas Story'.....I could recite it for you now. Around 5 o clock Debra and Ed headed home to St Matthews. Rob and I were staying the night in Lancaster so we cozied up in two recliners side by side and I took a nap. Rob told me I was holding his finger and that i was about to break his wrist off i was holding it so tight. He also said I was snoring, his mom said i wasn't....or at least she didn't hear me :O). My nap was fantastic. After I woke up we watched some TV and then ate some supper....it was a smaller version of lunch for sure. After a while we decided it was time for some rest and we were hoping that when we woke up there would be some white stuff on the ground......

Merry Christmas!!
J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment