Saturday, December 11, 2010

Brunch and a Beautiful Bride!

Today is a busy, busy day. This morning I had Christmas Brunch with the Beta Ladies. Rob and I headed to Cola and he dropped me off at 300 Senate Street for a little rubbing of the elbows with some of my favorite ladies. We enjoyed a yummy brunch that was provided and some entertainment from the owner. After Brunch, it was time for Rob and I to hit the road to the big City of Clinton NC. For at least two years now, each time we go out of town it rains. Today was no exception. Rob is a trooper though and he drove the whole way and didn’t complain. We did get to Clinton a little early so we found our hotel, Days Inn. This days inn has a chicken processing plant beside it….we were warned there may be a slight smell in the morning. Rob was STARVING so we went to McD’s and he finally got his MCRIB!!!!! Ok so not my favorite sandwich but I did take a bite so I could say that I have tasted one. Rob enjoyed it, in fact he ate two---lets keep in mind he has not eaten since 8:00am and that was a bagel. We layed around until about 3:45ish and then started to get ready for the wedding. I was very excited to go because Leigh Anne was one of my campers who became a wonderful friend. We arrived at the church and were greeted by more CLR girls….ladies is more like it since we are now college graduates and some have tied the knot. This was the first time Rob had met them and I think he was a little overwhelmed. They all looked gorgeous!!! We sat and waited for the nuptials to begin. The bridesmaids entered and then it was time to see Leigh Anne. She was stunning, beaming with joy. The whole time she was smiling and almost looked like she was bouncing with excitement. The vows were made and they were announces at Mr. and Mrs. Strickland. After the ceremony it was time for the reception. Once everyone arrived it was time to eat and DANCE!!! Rob danced with me…this was the first time we had ever danced together :O). Of course after the slow song, it was time to shake yo’ white girl booty time!!! Haha!!! Rob told me later that I can’t dance but I sure did try to. I enjoy the line dances and acting a little crazy on the dance floor. I was able to see Pam and Jessica Tart---love these two ladies and cannot wait to meet their two new little ones in May!!! WAHOOO!!! After dancing, eating cupcakes, and catching up with old friends, it was time to send the couple off on their honeymoon. The sparklers led the way to the truck…..and away they went. Rob and I headed back to Days Inn and got all snuggled in bed. The next day would be full of travel and Christmas fun with the Home Group! Enjoy the pics from the wedding……


me and Mrs. Bonnie--mother of the groom


Pam, Me and Jessica

Colton--the very handsome groom!



Leigh Anne--the gorgeous bride!

the cake...they were very nice!

one of Leigh Annes portraits--beautiful!



and off on the Honeymoon they go!!!!
Keep Shining!
J-Tru


No comments:

Post a Comment