Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lancaster for the Weekend

Rob headed to Lancaster on Friday around three o'clock so that he could attend a wrestling event. I went up later with roddy due to not have enough leave yet to just take off when I want to. Roddy and I left around 5:15 and he whined the ENTIRE way!!!!! Well it was more of on and off spurts but it was annoying. Any tips on how to travel with a dog is appreciated. So we made it to the house and my awesome mother in law told me rob had called and said there was only ten people at the event. Not good. I went and picked up chicfila for supper and then sat around with my mil. Roddy adores her and loves all the attention he gets. Spoiled is his middle name. We watched say yes to the dress and then we were ready for bed so she took the dogs out and rob walked in. I still went to bed but he did tell me that the show was good and they would be having another one in February so we would come back for that one too.

Saturday we were lazy, well I was lazy, and slept til about 9:30. I got up, had grits and toast...yum, for breakfast, then for dressed for the day. We decided to go to Catawba fish camp for lupper.I ate myself into a food coma. That food is delicious!!!! We then went home and I took a long nap, not sure what the others did. I did wake up and eat a small snack but then it was time to go to bed again.

Sunday, we went to Catawba for church. It was nice to see everyone there again. I especially love how everyone greets you. That is what I find in small country churches, people greet you with a smile and a handshake. Its not just people at the door either, its everyone in the church. We were greeted by Stacey Kirkley :O) After church we went to the new hibachi restaurant. MIL had never been and doesnt go to restaurants outside the norm so we went. It was pretty good. The service was somewhat slow but it was good. I hope they last longer than other restaurants have but who knows in this economy. After eating, Rob and I headed back to Orangeburg. We got home, unpacked and then went to bed.

Oh the life of the Truesdales is so intriguing. We eat, sleep, and travel. Life is Grand!!

Explore your world!

J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment