Mothers day weekend was packed with lots of traveling and eating.....but most of all we were able to spend time with the women in our lives who molded us into the people we are today. Saturday Rob and I loaded up into Agent Orange and headed up the road to Lancaster. We arrived around 10:30am and were greeted by Chew--the wonder dog and my awesome mother in law. We went inside and greeted Grandma, Debra, and Ed as well. The whole family was there to celebrate Grandma and Barbara. We sat in the living room for a while and chatted, watched television, and grandma finished getting ready. We watched the movie on tv, The Skeleton Key, then headed out to Catawba Fish Camp. It is a rule that you cannot go to Lancaster without visiting Catawba Fish Camp....its sooooo good!!!! The whole family headed out to the fish camp and we enjoyed some yummy fish, hush puppies, and sour slaw---ok i just enjoyed the yummy boiled shrimp, scallops and a piece of tilapia....oh so good!!! After eating we headed back to the house and some of the crew took a nap while others just lounged around and watched tv. Rob started to nod off but b/c I was laying on him, his snoring was getting on my nerves so his nap was nixed :O). After a while Debra and Ed left to head back to St Matthews and it was just the four of us. Rob and I went upstairs and watched tv with his mommy while eating PB&J sandwiches. We talked for a while then grandma needed some Rob time so he left me upstairs and went downstairs to hang out. After a while he came back up to the bedroom and then it was time to get some sleep.
Sunday morning, I had a cute puppy wake me up. Chew had come into our room and he was whining on the side where I was sleeping. He told me it was time for me to get up....so I did. I got up and then went into the kitchen with Rob and his mom. We made breakfast, I had an omelet, Rob has cereal and toaster strudels, and I am not quite sure what my mother-in-law had. After eating, I went back to the room and it was time to get ready to head to Lugoff to spend time with my mommy and g-ma. After hugs and maybe a few tears, it was time to hit the road. We headed south to Lugoff. We arrived at my gmas house around 12:30pm and g-ma was holding miss Abigail, John was browning some bread, and everyone was trickling in from church. We all had some fun talking, eating, and playing with the baby girl. It was nice to spend time with the women who have raised me--both gma and mom. I love them so much!!! After visiting for a while we headed back to Orangeburg to get ready for the week ahead.
So thankful for my g-ma and mom. When I was a little girl Gma was the one who would be home when we got off the bus and she would have debbie cakes waiting. We would do our homework and then go outside and practice our cheer leading moves for her. She always had time for me and she still remembers listening to our cheers and building tents in the living room with blankets. I love her so much and am so glad we were able to spend today with her. Not only am I thankful for my g-ma but my mother. My mom is the most amazing woman I know. My mom has dealt with so much in her life and she keeps pressing on. She has given me the tools to be the woman I am today. She wiped my tears, kissed my boo boos, cheered at my ballgames, curled my hair for my dance recitals, and gives the greatest hugs to show you how she proud she is of you. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to be my mother. God truly blessed me with the best one!!! I love you mom!!
Happy Mothers Day!
J-Tru
No comments:
Post a Comment