Wednesday, November 16, 2011

an unexpected day at sea...

Wednesday, 11/16/11: Roatan, Fun Day at Sea

We woke up around 7:45am, Rob woke me up before the alarm went off. I was not happy about this at all!!! We got dressed and then went to the Lido deck for breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast and decided to head to the excursion desk b/c we had received a letter last night that our time had changed and we just wanted to know what the reasoning was. On our way to the excursion desk, Jaime, our cruise director, came over the loud speaker and told the guests that due to high winds in the channel we would not be able to dock. Our captain had tried to go in several times but he was unsuccessful. Out excursion fee would be reimbursed to us and today would be a Fun Day at Sea! Well we already had our bathing suits on so we jumped in the hot tub for a bit. We watched the coastline disappear as we headed back out to sea. After about an hour in the hot tub we got out and laid on the deck chairs for a siesta. It was so peaceful.

I enjoyed my little nap on the deck but then I was a little hungry so we headed to the room. We decided to order room service, after all its free!!! We order some sandwiches, salads, and of course some cookies and milk :O).

The entertainment crew on board came up with some activities since the itinerary changed and one was a show at 2:30pm. It was the best show we went to b/c it was spur of the moment. There was singing, a comedian, and then the entertainment staff sang a song called "Upon the Sea". HILARIOUS!!!! They each dressed as what they would be if they were not on the cruise ship, some of there were too funny like the Chippendale dancer, ballerina, etc.

After the show we went up to the Fun Shops. I saw a mob of women at an area so of course I had to go see what the fuss was all about. We walked over and it was jewelry--Pandora like bracelets were the hot ticket!!! I politely asked a sales lady for a pink one and she handed two to me--i didn't have to fight anyone :O). It reminded me of black Friday.

It was time for a nap so we headed back to the room. I took a nice nap and then was ready to go for the evening. We had a good supper tonight. I had potato soup and pork steak--YUM! Rob had shark and longuistino rolls. For dessert I had chocolate bread pudding and chocolate melting cake--I didn't finish either one!

For the evening we went to Family Face-off. It was funny and we enjoyed the laughs. We ended our evening with a Kiss on the Lips--the cold, refreshing kind :O).

Night!
J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment