Saturday, November 12, 2011

Is this a Dream?? No Silly, Its the Carnival Dream!!!

Saturday, 11/12/11:
The alarm went off at 6:30am but in actuality it was 5:30am!!!!!! Somehow during the night something went wrong with the alarm clock---needless to say I was not a happy wifey this morning!!!! Since we were awake we decided to get up and get ready. We went to the breakfast area of the hotel and decided that cereal was not going to cut it this morning. Luckily there was a Shoneys within in walking distance, so we headed on over. The hostess greeted us with a huge smile and Rob asked how she was doing this morning. Her response was perfect-- I am blessed by the best!!! LOVED IT!!! All of the ladies were so upbeat and cheerful, helped me to get over being awakened at 5:30am!!! We had the breakfast buffet...so good!!! After a fantastic meal, it was back to the room to pack up and head on down the road.

Off to Port Canaveral we went. We stopped at the Florida Welcome Center--a whole three miles from where we stayed the night :O). We had some grapefruit juice, orange juice and a conversation with another couple who was heading out on their first cruise on Monday. Then it was time to get back on the road. We stopped once more at a rest area for a potty break and caffeine--5:30am was catching up with me!!!

We arrived at the port around 11:30am. We gave the porters our bags, tipped them 5 bucks b/c I am the one who got my bags out, not them!!! We went through security, got our sail and sign cards--GOLD this year for ROB!!!!--me too but he was excited to not be a newbie anymore!! Then it was time to go get some lunch! Trying to get 4,000 people into 7 elevators is INSANITY!!!! We made it to the Lido deck, which is deck 10--we entered the boat on Deck 3, by walking up the STAIRS!!! Yes this was with our carry-on bags in tow. Once on the Lido deck we had to locate and empty table, which we did and then grab some food. I got mine first--a burrito---awesome!!! and Rob then got his lunch. Our room was ready after we ate so we headed on down to check it out. Our room was awesome!!! We have a cove balcony which means our balcony is built into the hull of the ship. No only do we have a balcony, but a huge King size bed, couch with table, vanity and large bathroom. It was awesome!!!! We decided to hand out in our room until the muster drill plus the game was on for Rob to enjoy. Our luggage had not arrived yet but we were hoping it would be there soon so we could unpack. We met out steward, Leonardo, and Rob was super excited b/c he had the name of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!!!! The Muster Drill was around 3:30pm and our station was in the Crimson Dining room. Very pretty. After the drill it was time to depart from Port Canaveral. We left out around 4:30pm. I love watching as the coastline disappears. Its breathtaking to see Gods beautiful handiwork. We watched and waved at people on the shore line. After waving and taking in the beautiful scenery, I wanted some ice cream. I had some vanilla yogurt in a cone. We then watched some dancing on the Lido deck. By this time it was getting to be around 5pm so we went back to our room to check on our luggage and freshen up for supper. Still no luggage but no worries.

We headed to our dining room, Scarlet Restaurant for supper. Our dining time is 6pm and our table number is 515. Our table was a booth. We arrived first to our table and so we sat together on one side--normally I dont do this but since we were unsure of who or if we would have table-mates we decided to share the one side. We met our waiters, Big D and Budi (pronounced like booty!!!)Budi was a little on the creepy side but he was funny. We waited for our table-mates but no one arrived so we were thinking it was just going to be our own private table. We ordered and I had my all time favorite salad--caesar! and I tried a chilled soup--not my best choice!! My entree though was fantastic. It was sweet and tangy shrip with rice noodles. It melted like butter in your mouth. Rob was jealous of my selection so I did let him have a bite. Dessert is my favorite part. We had a surprise come to the table--an anniversary cake!!! I had ordered it but hadnt told Rob. Our waiters sang to use and had us Kissy Kissy several times. We took the cake back to the room with us to enjoy later. I ordered dessert as well and I had the warm chocolate melting cake---this is the best dessert and I will have it every night!!!!Back to the room after supper and guess what, our luggage had arrived!!!! We unpacked and then set up our clothes to be ironed for the evening meals. It was an ordeal b/c I was irritated due to being tired but Rob got me through it--he always does!

After my mini-meltdown, I walked out onto our balcony and was just in awe of the beauty. The moon was shining so brightly and was dancing off the water....breathtaking. It helped me to refocus as to how small thing are sometimes that I get worked up over. I just need to step back and take a look around at the amazing gifts God has given. As I sit on the balcony typing(ok i really wrote it and then typed it later) I am just overwhelmed at the greatness of God and his abundance throughout the earth. He is the creator and His creation is great.

So after relaxing for a few moments and getting things in order, we decided to venture our for a while. We went and browsed the Fun Shops, bought our first magnet of the trip and then went to the Encore! Lounge. We watched the 80's trivia game then sat through Bingo. We rounded out our night was the Welcome Aboard Show at 10:15pm. Great Show and cant wait to see the others this week. Now I am beat and read to hit the sack....Oh we had a towel animal tonight that was a walrus....TOO CUTE!! Not only did we have him but also our Fun Times with the next days itinerary, our bedtime mints, and our bed had been folded down for the evening. I love being treated like a princess!!!! Today was a great day but now its off to bed to rest up for another great day on the dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment