Thursday, 11/17/11, Costa Maya:
We arrived at Costa Maya around 7 am and yes I was awake. I went out on the balcony to take in the view. I looked to my right and there was a nice little storm a brewing and it was heading our way. Luckily we were in the room and not on the man land when the storm came up. There was some lightning, thunder and LOTS of rain. People were still getting off the boat thought and heading into port. They were getting soaked!!!
Rob and I had ordered room service so we ate breakfast and then got ready. We were going on an excursion today that is the glass bottom boat and snorkeling. We went out on the balcony and it had stopped raining and there was a beautiful double rainbow!!! GORGEOUS!!!! I love seeing God promises! We decided that we were going to go on into the port area.
We walked around the port entrance area and looked at some shops but didn't buy anything yet. We also saw an area where there were dolphins so we watched them for a few minutes. I felt bad for them though b/c there were not in the ocean but in a walled area. It started raining again so we went to check in and see if our excursion was going to still happen. We were told it was still on go. So we found our guide, checked in and got ready to go. While were were standing there waiting, it started to POUR. I was soaked but happy.
We boarded the bus that would take us to our boat. We got to see some of the sites of Costa Maya and I took a few pics of the area. The roads were dirt roads so of course I was thinking we were going to get stuck but we made it through. We were taken to a dock and the bus went out onto the dock....CRAZY!!!!
We boarded out boat. It was a small white boat with plexiglass in the middle where we could view the ocean floor. We started out and there was a loud noise but we kept going. We saw some coral and fish through the glass, it was very pretty. Our guide told us about the types of coral we would see and also some of the fish. It started raining again while we were on the boat. After a few more minutes our guide starting handing out the snorkeling gear. I was not sure about it so I opted to not go. Rob was excited about going and was getting his gear on. He was the first one to jump in. I saw how excited he was and I decided then to join him in the ocean. So I got my gear on jumped in too.
I was so happy I did jump in. We saw huge pieces of coral, fish, spider starfish, sea urchin---beautiful creation. Our guide took is into some shallow water and that party was scary. The coral was huge and so sharp. The waves were pushing me along with the current. One wave caught me and I ended up hitting a piece of coral. I also lost my flipper but Rob got it for me :O). Everyone was a little nervous about the shallow part so he took us back into the deeper water--that was the best part. The deeper water gave us a chance to enjoy looking at the reef instead of worrying about bumping into it. The ocean was extremely salty too. I got some water in my mouth and it was like a HUGE bottle of salt was poured into my mouth. We snorkeled for about an hour and then boarded the boat to head back to shore.
We shopped a little at the shops near the port. We got magnet of course. We decided to eat in port and went to Senor Frogs. I had a coke and that was a TEN DOLLAR coke!!! Never again will we do that!! After our meal we went back to the ship b/c we were wet from swimming and needed to take our showers.
A shower and nap were just what I needed. Tonight was our second elegant night so we got all gussied up again. We were looking good. Rob told me I was the first lady tonight :O). Classic black with pearls. We had some pictures taken tonight too. It was just the two of us for supper so we had our little date night. It was nice to just sit and enjoy each other. Our waiter, Big D, danced tonight to Apple Bottom Jeans--too cute!
After supper we headed to the show. It was a country themed show tonight. Pretty good. After the show we headed to the comedy room. I went to the restroom when we got there and then when I came back out, Rob was gone but my stuff was in our seats. The girl beside me told me that hubby had gone back to the theater--I knew then that Hubby had left his NEW camera there. I was freaking out but praying he would be coming in soon with it around his neck. and HE DID!!! He told me he went back to the theater and it wasn't there so he checked at guest services and someone had turned it in....THANK YOU LORD!!! The comedy show as good and the laughs were needed after the camera incident.
It was late, so we headed to bed. Fund Day at Sea tomorrow and our last day---so sad.
Night,
J-Tru
No comments:
Post a Comment