That is exactly how our day started out. We had warm and gooey cinnamon rolls for breakfast before we headed out to Cornerstone Community Church for the contemporary service. We decided it was time to start looking for a church home and since this one is right around the corner we decided to go there first. I had looked online to get some info about the church, beliefs, etc. so we could be somewhat familiar. We arrived and were completely in awe of the building itself and also the layout of the church. They have a coffee area, juice, bookstore, etc. where anyone who came could be comfortable. Of course growing up at PGBC in Lugoff we were very classic service, piano, choir, etc. so I was a little uncomfortable but then I realized that each person was here to worship God and to hear from Him today so there was no need for me to be nervous. We went to the Information Desk so we could know where to go and what to do. We were told were the worship area was and that it would be starting soon so if we wanted to take a seat that would be fine. We were also told about the options for the children and that they have their own church that is centered for them. Rob and I went into the worship area and took out seats. This is no ordinary church, no pews, no choir, but people who love the Lord. We sat towards the back and took it all in. There is countdown to let you know when church will begin and they were on time. The music was upbeat and fully praising the Lord God. The music was amazing and helped to get you into the spirit of worship. The Pastor, Scott Hand from the Riverfork Church Campus in Bamberg, preached today about Information+Demonstration= Transformation, its one thing to have the knowledge but you need to demonstrate what you know to have the complete transformation from the experience. We are definitely going to go back in a few weeks b/c I am on call next weekend so we will be at PGBC and then the next weekend we will be back :O)
After church we came home and I cooked!!! DUN DUN DUN!!! We had grilled pork chops, boiled potatoes and green beans! YUM YUM!! It was pretty jam up if i do say so myself. Rob enjoyed it as well. After lunch I headed back to wally world to pick up a few things.
We then watched a movie, Daybreakers, that was about vampires. This was no Twilight vampire movie for sure. BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!!I admit i jumped more than a few times. After the movie we took it back to the red box and then headed home.
Tonight supper----waffles and bacon!!! It was a success, i dint burn the bacon and the waffles were perfect!!!!
Now Rob is watching the forever long LOST season recap and and series finale....I am washing clothes!!!
Sleep tight world...
J-Tru
THANK YOU for doing this!! It keeps your mom informed and I love reading about your's and Rob's day-to-day encounters!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya'll!!
Mom