Sunday, June 12, 2011

Celebrating with Family

We were in Lugoff this weekend for some fun with the family. On Friday Rob and I went to KFC and at for under 10 bucks!!! How awesome is that?? We had our little date and just talked about our day and our crazy lives at work. We do this every night. I love it b/c we get to talk about our day and give each other advice if needed. After supper Rob wanted to go to Wal-Mart but since I had been there twice already I was in for that at all. We headed on to mom and dad’s house to settle in for the night. We unpacked our stuff and put on our pj’s. Around 10pm we got a little visit from Miss Carli Marie. She had to see her Jill and I was so excited to see her. She is growing up way to fast. She is going into the 2nd grade and she is almost as tall as I am—yes I know I am short but for a little girl that is tall!!! She talked to me about wrestling (which was on TV), playing super Mario brothers, and wanting me to spend the night one day. I love that she looks at me as one of her friends. She is so precious to me and I am so glad that we have such an amazing bond. Love her! After visiting for a while Carli went home and we went to bed. Tomorrow would be a big day for us and a busy one.

On Saturday, Rob and I had planned to head off to Sandhills to get some birthday shopping completed, spend some time together, and just walk around. We parked and Rob went to Lids and I went to Icing to look at sunglasses, yes I still have to have ten pair at a time :O). I got some cool new shades and cannot wait to sport them at the beach. Rob met me in Icing and he liked my new shades too. We then walked down to Big Thursday and picked out a shirt for Britt’s 29th Surprise B-day present. We found a Guy Harvey shirt that had SC Gamecocks on it…checked that off our list. Rob bought me a new shirt too---a browning shirt that is black with the browning symbol in pink :O). We then went to GameStop and looked at what is coming out soon and what they had in the store. After GameStop we went to the Peanut Man store and if you aren’t familiar with it, it’s a store with lots of old timey candy, chocolate covered EVERYTHING, and just smells heavenly. We decided we were going to try the chocolate covered potato chips. We got one each and Rob got a candy apple---he loves these things. We decided to go ahead and enjoy our treat and then have lunch. We took a bit and it was so good—the perfect amount of chocolate, saltiness, and crunch-YUM!!! We then walked down to Lane Bryant and I got a new pair of shorts. After Lane Bryant we walked to Red-Bowl and enjoyed our soup and sushi combo. Rob tried the Hot and Sour soup and he now has a new favorite soup. I had egg drop soup. We both had crunch rolls of course :O). After Red-Bowl we headed home. I wrapped presents for Monk and Britts birthday parties. We headed on over to Allison and Britts house and got ready to surprise him. He arrived and had no clue what was going on. He was shocked that Allison pulled it off without him knowing anything. He got lots of new clothes and a Remington gun he had been wanting. Allison had kept it hid from him a well—she did an awesome job! We enjoyed some brats, hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, baked beans, slaw, cake, and ice cream. Rob manned the grill and the food was awesome. His mom came from MB and his brother and sister in law came from Georgia to surprise him. After Britts party we headed over to the Lugoff Swim Club to celebrate Monks (Ethan) third birthday. He loves monster trucks so his cake was a monster truck. We gave him one for his b-day present and he played with it the entire time. We swam and had some fun in the pool. Carli was there to so we got to play some too. Rob jumped in the deep end about ten times---he loves doing this too!! Overall our day was awesome. We had some us time, got to spend time with family, and enjoyed the day.

Sunday was our normal Sunday at the Moaks house. We got up and headed to church. After church we went to eat at G-ma and Bubbas house. We had lots of food and it was delicious. I love spending time with my family. Since we live in another county, each moment I get with them is cherished.

I <3 my Family!
J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment