Soon Rob and I will be celebrating our FIRST wedding anniversary. As I have been reflecting over the past few weeks about the year we have had I just can’t seem to wipe the CHEESY smile off my face. I keep thinking about first our honeymoon and the fact that my hair formed into a hairspray helmet and that the make-up was two inches thick. Rob laughed at me that night trying to get it all off and it still was not working!!!
Another moment I think of is when we went on vacation to Myrtle Beach with the family. Rob and I got to sleep in the SAME bed!!! We didn’t have to have an air mattress on the floor for him or me sleeping on the couch. It was fantastic. We had the best time that week just relaxing and doing absolutely nothing.
Another moment is Fourth of July, we aren’t allowed to shoot fireworks in the city limits but that was not stopping me. We lit sparklers in the backyard and celebrated our independence :O).
Rob also turned the BIG 30 this year. I made him a cake and our families came down to visit and go to eat together.
We celebrated Thanksgiving with me family b/c I was on call again this year!!!! Rob had never had deep fried turkey so he was able to get a treat. It was very moist and delicious. It has become a tradition we go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving every year. Rob joined in again this year and we got a few presents for people. We then met our home group for church for some yummy oysters! This was a first for Rob too and I am not sure he likes them too well steamed.
Christmas was exciting this year. We needed a U-Haul to bring back all the wonderful gifts that our family and friends gave to us. It was awesome.
Of course we celebrated New Years like normal people by toasting in the new year with grape juice and sparklers….:O)
I can’t write about all the wonderful things that happened in our lives this year of marriage but I will tell you this. I have been honored to Mrs. Robert Truesdale for this first year of our marriage and I can’t wait to spend many more year with him. He truly is my God sent hubby and best friend. He always makes me smile and loves me unconditionally. I am so thankful for you, Rob aka Dr. Longpants, and I can’t wait to see what our second year of marriage has in store!!!
J-Tru
No comments:
Post a Comment