Friday, April 15, 2011
Great Quote
"What is a great pity? A great pity is that we try to "outshine" others with our difficulties. Always competing to have the "greatest" problem. Always pleading for the attention we think we deserve. Never once realizing that there are far greater problems than ours. Never once thinking that someone has it worse than us. Never really understanding that it's not about us..." I borrowed this from my friend Stephanie’s Facebook status. As I pondered over this very wise statement, I realized that at times I am guilty of this—but I think we all are. We all want attention, want to be needed, want to be lifted up, we all want pity but we don’t admit that. To me this pertains to status messages especially. People always want to let others know where they are having crappy days and the while “woe is me” messages. Personally, I have done this a few times but I try to at the most part uplift those around me and put a smile on faces. I really HATE scrolling through Facebook status’ and everyone is about how bad someone’s day is or how much their life sucks. Really people, if its that bad then get off your butt and go do something to make it better. YOU are the one who can change it, not anyone else. Ok getting off my soap box, but I just thought this quote was very significant! Enjoy! J-Tru
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment