Saturday, April 23, 2011

From Small Pots to Big Pots......

Today was the day that Rob and I decided to transplant our tomato and bell pepper plants. They have both grown so much from sitting in the window sill so we figured we need to get bigger pots and put them in the backyard. So here are the plants for the last time on the window sill....

Bell Pepper Plants Tomato Plants


The three new pots are red, blue and green. The red and blue are for the tomato plants since they will be growing super tall. Mine is the green pot and technically I would need to have them plants separated but since we aren't in the country and don't have rows and rows I cant plant in then we are sticking to the one.



Rob had already bought some potting soil, so he separated the soil into the three pots. He didn't have a small shovel so the next best thing would be his hands. He did a good job of getting it in the pots and a little on the ground.



After Rob filled up out buckets it was time to transplant our small plants to the big pots. I dug small holes into my new green pot and put my plants in. Its a lot harder than you would think to pull those small plants out and put them in the new pot but we got it finished. I just hope they grow and grow more.



After both of us transplanting our lovely plants we put them up against the house where they will get lots of sunshine but also some shade.




So my fingers are crossed that our plants to make it and that we have lots of tomatoes and bell peppers through out the summer!!! I hope they make it!!!


Love having green thumbs....


J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment