Tuesday, April 12, 2011

a GREAT weekend

This weekend we had a very restful but fun weekend. Here is what all happened.... While sleeping Friday Night/Saturday Morning I though i felt the house shake, this could have been a dream but who knows. When we both got up Saturday morning Rob said that Public Safety was outside of the house and that the power pole across the street from us was dangling in the air. Rob was curious, so he went out and asked PS about the pole. He was told that a car must have hit it last night and left the scene. Rob looked closer and half the pole was on the ground and half in the air. The power line is hanging over my car and of course I begin freaking out. I decided to go ahead and take my shower to get ready for the walk for March for Babies. Rob kept talking to the guys outside and DPU arrived to fix it. This gave me few minutes to dry my hair and get ready. So needless to say I got ready very quickly. Here is a pic of the pole....


DPU told Rob that they were going to turn off the power so we left as soon as I got ready to head over for the March for Babies. We arrived at March for Babies and I was very excited to get walking. I went to the registration table and turned in the money that was given to me. Total donated for March of Dimes was $300!!!! I was so excited to give them the money that my family and friends donated. Thanks again!!! This year was extra special for me b/c I was walking in honor of some sweet, precious babies. I walked for Elizabeth Claire, Carli Marie, and Noah Isaiah. I was honored to walk for these precious little ones. After registering we started walking. The set up was you could walk two miles or four. I decided to walk the 4 and Rob walked 2 with me. So proud of Rob for joining me in this awesome walk. I completed the walk in 55 minutes---knocked time off of my 5k time!!! :O) After the walk, Orangeburg County had a tent where they fried fish and had hotdogs. We enjoyed some yummy food and then it was time to head home.


We didnt stay home long b/c Rob was itching to go swimming. So we headed to the YMCA for some splishin and splashin. We played in the pool for a while then headed home.....and took a LONG and well deserved NAP!!!


I slept for at least two hours, maybe three. Rob took a small siesta too. After the naps we didnt do much.....


Enjoy the time you have!


J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment