I love seeing my Gma smiling. When she smiles I don't think about her horrible disease, I only see that beautiful smile. Last week mom had called me and told me that Gma wanted the entire family to be with her at church on Sunday because she was going for the first time since being in the hospital. I wasn't sure if Rob and I would attend so I didn't want to get grandmas hopes up. I saw her on Friday and I knew i had to go. I knew that i could not let her down. But I wasn't going to tell her I was coming. So on Sunday we headed back to Lugoff. We got to PGBC and waited for the family. They arrived and I stood where Gma couldn't see me. After a few minutes I walked out and she had the BIGGEST and BRIGHTEST smile on her face. She was so excited. I opened her car door and she said I thought you weren't coming. You surprise me! She had the best smile on her face. That smile did not leave her face at all that day. She was hugged on and loved all by so many at church. Of course its still hard for our family but we are standing by her the whole way. We love her so much.
Please continue to pray for my Gma and Bubba.
J-Tru
No comments:
Post a Comment