Last week we got the news that our Adoption Home Study was being reviewed by our adoption specialists supervisor and then the next step would be to receive our approval letter in the mail. All week long I would get excited when the mail would come and each time there would be no letter...until Saturday!!! On Saturday night Robert and I got home and we checked the mail. I was so excited when I saw the letter from DSS---even did a little dance by the truck showing Robert the envelope. I opened it up and the letter was addressed to another couple. HUGE disappointment spread across my face and of course my heart was a little hurt too. I know people make mistakes and get busy but all I could say was "REALLY?!?!?!?" I sent a message to our specialist and she felt awful but said that our corrected letter will be in the mail soon--wahoo! I did find humor in the whole letter mix up. The other couple are named Mr. and Mrs. Eager, well we are EAGER to find out what is in store for our little family in the coming months.
Here is the first letter we got(of course all info is blurred over because we do not want to get anyone in trouble or break confidentiality by giving out the other couples contact info)...
And today we received OUR letter so the matching/meeting children can begin!!! We have registered with AdoptUSkids.org which will open up doors to other states however we still feel strongly about adopting from SC. We will sit back and wait because God is in control.
1 Peter 1:6-8 “In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little
while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come
so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which
perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when
Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even
though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an
inexpressible and glorious joy.”


So happy for you
ReplyDelete