Saturday, February 8, 2014

Home Study

The Home Study is the final piece to the paperwork puzzle. Jan, our certified investigator, arrived at 4pm today and was ready to get down to business. She asked if we has any questions before we began and we did not have any. We started with the big question of 'why adoption?'. So we told her about the medical reasons and of course revisiting that was not fun but we got thru it. After that it was smooth sailing. We talked about our families, work history, how our relationship began, about our strengths as a couple, and on and on.

Finally, we got to the part where we talked about the characteristics of the child(ren) we are interested in. Of course we are not picky and want the child(ren) God choses for us-we will know them when we meet them.

After all the questions and chit chat, we heard the words I was waiting for....

You are APPROVED!!!

She has recommend for Robert and I to have up to 3 amazing children, ages birth to twelve.

Robert and I are ecstatic and looked at each other with such joy in our eyes...we are going to be parents. That feeling is the most amazing feeling in the world. No, we dont know when or who our children are yet but we have passed. After Jan left, Robert grabbed me for the biggest hug and gave me lots of kisses...I would say he was pretty excited.

Hearing 'approved' makes me think back to when I was welcomed into Gods loving arms as His child. He loves me no matter what and no mans approval is needed. I am so thankful there were no test or inspections from God, just my humble prayer of I am a sinner and I need you. AMEN! Thank you Lord for loving me!

So what's next....once the report is sent to our adoptions specialist we will get a letter about our adoption license. After that, we get matched to children, read biographies and get to meet them. The fun is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment