So last night we made an offer on our first house. I loved this house. HUGE living room, HUGE kitchen. Just perfect for Rob and I. So we met with our agent and we signed on the dotted line, initialed everything and crossed our fingers. We asked for the offer to be back by 5pm today. I stayed in Lugoff last night due to medical appts so I gave our agent my cell number and he could call me at any time today. Well at 8:30am they came back with a counteroffer. Here is a little back-story though.....House was listed at 124,000 been on market for two years, no offers. SOOOOO, we low balled it and went with 100,000 and closing. The owner countered at 120,000 and closing....ok, ok, lets play a little I though. We then offered 110,000 and closing. The owners countered with an AWFUL response of 120,000 and 1/2 closing cost. UMMMMM, did I not hear our realtor correctly??? No, I heard him right. So since Rob and I know what we want to spend we said NO GO!!!
So the hunt goes on......
J-Tru
No comments:
Post a Comment