Tuesday, June 29, 2010

EWWWWW something stinks!!!!....oh no its smoking....

Yesterday after work the aerobics class that i attend was cancelled due to the surrounding thunderstorms in the area. So instead of going to the gym to work out i decided to go ahead and start supper since my hubby would be home soon. Our menu for the night was Grilled Pork chops, green beans/butter beans, and potatoes. I had everything set to go on the stove and all of a sudden i look at the stove and the teapot is starting to smoke. I was baffled at first by this because i was not heating any water for tea, coffee, etc, so why was it smoking....and then it hit me I TURNED ON THE WRONG BURNER!!!! I freaked out because i thought i was starting a fire and i didn't have any one there to help me. Plus there was this awful plastic burning smell that i am sure was super toxic. I turned the burner off and let the tea pot and burner covers cool off--yes there were two covers on it because we mainly use two burners so we just stack them on top of each other. I touched the tea pot to make sure it wasn't stuck and tons of smoke came up and an awful smell. So since i am super smart i opened the door to let the kitchen air out and was looking for our box fan but it was no where to be found--Rob told me later its in the man room closet. So while I am trying to get things under control I am still managing to cook supper.

The thing that kept going through my head was "what is rob going to say". I waited for him to come home and when he walked in the door this is what i said....I promise i am not stupid and know my right from my left....His response "What happened?"...I motioned for him to come into the kitchen.....he saw the burnt spot on the burner cover and just giggled at me a little. I told him my teapot was ruined and showed him where i put it outside to "cool down". He removed the burnt covers for me and showed me that nothing was wrong with the cast iron burners that we have....again still kind of giggling at me :O). He gave me a big hug and reassured me that I'm not a dumb blonde.....although its times like this i wonder.

Supper was great and we laughed about my craziness. We were laying on the bed later that evening and he told me that when i told him what happened he said my voice and face was so cute that i could have killed someones puppy and he couldn't have been made at me.....i guess my kid like charm is a blessing.

A picture of the lovely burner cover will follow soon.....

J-Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment