So I think it is time to share the story of how his name came to be....
On our ride home from the hospital, Robert and I decided to name our little boy Jonathan Dewayne. Jonathan is Roberts middle name and Dewayne is my daddy's (PawPaw) middle name. We had lots of potential names picked our for our future children but when naming our sweet boy we chose these two names because they are the names of two of the most amazing men I know. Jonathan means "God has Given"--now if that does not give you chill bumps I don't know what will!!! When we got home that wonderful evening my parents came over and loved on our sweet boy. While sitting around we wanted to come up with a sweet nickname to use on social media too. So Daddy and Robert were talking and my daddy said John Wayne--by the way this is one of his favorite actors--and then he said THE DUKE in unison with Robert I believe. We are said that is perfect and the name has stuck ever since.
We had fun family pictures at the beach too with Anna Johnson---they are amazing!!!! Here are a few.....



Love, love, love!
ReplyDelete