Monday, September 8, 2014

....where do we go from here...

Those six words have been resounding in my head for days. What do we do next? Do we keep inquiring about kids? Should we go the private route? Do we want to try other options like in vitro? Do we give up? Do we ask God to take the desire away?  What do we do?

Where do we go from here?!?!  

The past few weeks have been a continuous roller-coaster of emotions but one thing that has shined out the most is that I am closer to my Lord than I feel I have ever been. I have started a new bible study on HOPE and every day the message I am receiving is to stay the course and to not give up. The first few days in the study talked about adoption which of course brought back more emotions but I feel that was Gods way of telling me that He is right there beside me. God is showing me that He does not give us a desire that He will not fulfill. He might not fulfill it how I think it should be fulfilled but how He has planned--isn't that awesome to know that His plan is much greater than mine or yours could ever be imagined to be!!

Robert and I have been poised the question about keeping our house open as a Foster Home while waiting on a match for an adoption.Tonight, we made the decision to keep our license open. With this we have the opportunity to have children placed in our home for a week, month or longer but the choice is ultimately up to use if the child(ren) are placed with us while their parents get their lives on a better track. Of course, at times foster placements lead to adoption too. This is scary territory for us because again we are opening up our hearts and home but we are excited to see where God leads us with this new part of our "forever family" journey.

As we continue along this path we ask that you continue to pray with and for us and our future children.

Proverbs 13:12--"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life"

1 comment: